Friday, December 09, 2005

Day of treatment two

Man, last night was a tempest. And it came so fast. I think as the first ECT started to settle in, the depression came back with a vengeance. I took a mg of alprazolam last night about 7:00. I wasn't supposed to have any after noon, but it metabolizes fully in about 8 hours. And I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the night without it.

Most of the fog has lifted from Wednesday's treatment. I still kind of have this "DUH" feel about me, but I'm very functional, changes a fuse in one of the cars, filled out a form on line, etc. I have to remember to ask today what my titration level was (how much juice they gave me to induce seizure last time) and how long the seizure lasted (which they can see from the EEG.)

I noticed last night that when I cry, my ears hurt like I have an ear infection. Odd. No soreness today. Jaw, calves, shoulder blades are all fine. I'm a bit nervous about today, less now because I know what to expect upon waking up, but still a little from the dosage being increased 600%. I have been shaving my head since June 3, 2000 (day prior to the Rock n Roll Marathon in San Diego.) I've been letting it grow now for about a month. My wife hates it. I hope it doesn't turn into a 'fro after the treatment today!

Since I now know that it was a good thing to write right after last treatment ( I wouldn’t have remembered half of the info had I waited until morning), I'll try to do that tonight as well. Scheduled for 3:00.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a safe treatment, Mike!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antipsychotic Medications

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home