Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday, January 22, 2006: Mood 7

Today has been a mediocre day. My major issue today has been in dealing with being around Mic. For those that don't know, Mic is my 12 yr old son with Schizo-affective Disorder. He has lived in a group home for most fo the last year, and is living at home now again. He is being no more unusual than he normally is, but I am having trouble tolerating him. I am having good success, however, in quietly being intolerant of him. I think the Zanax XR which I started taking last night, and which is supposed to last 24 hours, has been a big help in being able to tolerate Mic more successfully. I used to to take Zanax only in the evenings, and only regular doses of 1mg in a normally metabolising tablet. The new tablets are extended release tablets, and seem to work very well.

Melissa and I went for a 20 minute walk at about 4:00, after the Bronco game. We walked fast in order to stay a little warmer.

I find myself more and more concerned with my career, what I am going to do for work following this short-term disability for depression, and how best to utilize the tools available to me for going back to work when I am ready. I have looked at open positions with the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, as well as programs available with the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. Ideally, I will find a position which will allow me to employ my legal and business education in an enjoyable work environment.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love your posts cagealpha! You need to be a motivational speaker!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a blog "cage"?

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have a long history with Mike also, 22 years...dating back to the pool / lifeguard days...and I remember you. ;)

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home