Monday, January 16, 2006

Treatment 16

The trend continued this morning: Things still didn’t feel as good. I didn’t feel depressed, but something still felt like it was missing. My Beck score pre-treatment today was 16, higher than it had been last week. Melissa and I talked quite a lot today (and yesterday) about priorities and where my attention should lie: In getting better; mentally healthy (and not concern over employment or income, etc.) Melissa keeps telling me “Worry about your mental health and getting better…NOTHING else.” That’s hard to do. I have responsibilities and people who count on me for security. For now, however, I’ll just have to let Melissa carry that load.

Pre-seizure, today, I was medicated with Zofran and Torodol for nausea and headache. My seizure was typical. I was medicated with the usual: Lydicane, Etomidate, Caffeine. Stimulus was bi-lateral again today. My seizure was 38 seconds peripheral and 51 seconds EEG. Wave form and amplitude were both excellent, and cessation was very clean. Today was my last approved treatment (insurance). Dr. Clopton’s staff was calling for more approvals today. I got 25 mcg Fentenyl (x2) in Recovery for pain, and 2 Percocet in Recovery 2. I could feel an improvement immediately after treatment (compared to before.) Negativity and worry were both gone. I notice the ringing in my ears much worse today. It seems to increase with every treatment.

I was out of Recovery quickly today. Home by 3:00 after a 12:20 treatment. This headache today is persistent! Likewise, the nausea won’t seem to go away today either. As a result, I have eaten almost nothing all day. I can’t eat before treatment, of course, and I ate very little afterwards as well. I will get caught up on calorie intake tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pelli Pell said...

Ditto melblog's comments! And though it can make you a little anxious at times, I think it is good that your thoughts have moved beyond just dealing with your mental state - that you are thinking about what you will do in the future. This is a huge success, and one you should be very proud of. Since your work prior to your illness was likely a large part of your identity, it is going to be hard not to be anxious about what your work, and your identity will be now that you're starting to overcome your illness. Just take it slow - there are so many options waiting for you!

One idea - I wonder if taking an online class - without a time limit so you can work at your own pace while going through ECT - might help you sample a new interest that could turn into a possible work venture. And this might also help you feel like you are taking a step towards getting your life back on track, instead of feeling restless that you aren't able to do much towards finding work. Just a thought...

Keep up the good work Mike - you're doing great! I'm sure your wife is proud of the progress you've been making!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No posts since Monday? Everything ok?

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home