Saturday, January 07, 2006

Treatment #12

Friday, January 06, 2006
Mood 7

Today I stepped up to the big leagues of seizures. When I woke up in Recovery, surprised I was in Recovery, I pretty much knew it had been a big one. I just felt run over. My Beck score today was an all-time low, 15 (low is good). Remember, when these treatments began, I was at 40. 16 is considered “moderately depressed”. I also notice that the treatment from Tuesday seemed to have held until Friday’s treatment. In the past, a day or day and a half was about all I was getting before the effects seemed to vanish. Today, I was happy, talkative, energetic. Several people that I only know from the hospital commented how much better I look, which I hadn’t expected.

I was in the OR at 12:45 and in Recovery at 1:10. The mix today was 120mg Sexicoline (paralytic), 1000mg caffeine 40 mg Etomidate, 100mg lydicane (pre Etomidate), 100mg Fentenyl (post Etomidate), and then another 30mg in Recovery for pain. The peripheral seizure today was 48 seconds, and the EEG was 150 seconds! That’s almost twice my previous longest of 80 seconds. And the post-procedure headache was commensurate. The ringining in my ears is more pronounced today as well. Due to Fenegrin both before and after procedure, I avoided the nausea on the way home. Was home and in bed by 3:30.

Next appointment Monday at 1:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home