Thursday, December 29, 2005

Day after Treatment #9

Sort of a quiet day today. Mic is home for the holiday, as is Maggie. Melissa is off work until next week. So we were all here and did some shopping and running around. I am really dazed and hazy today. I keep having to ask what day it is. When I try to remember little details like that, they just don’t seem to be in my head, or at least not accessible. I am having a harder time today staying on task and focused. My head hurts much more today than it has on previous day-afters. I am tempted to label my mood today as “bad”, but its not, really. I just feel really worn out and like nothing in my head has any continuity or context. Maybe this is just what it feels like to have lesser intelligence. J Several times today, I have been unable to remember how many treatments I have had (which is also connected to remembering what day it is) and when the next one is scheduled. The ringing in my ears is ever-present. But its not a major issue. Its just there, and its become part of the ambient noise that always exists. Unless its really, really quiet, I don’t even recognize it.

I think I have previously mentioned the re-emergence of canker sores in my mouth. I have had these things my whole life, off and on. But for the last 3 years or so, while taking lithium, I haven’t had a single one. Since being off of lithium about as month now, I have had them with increasing frequency and severity. I woke on Wednesday, after treatment, with ainsidenside my bottom lip, and one in the back of my mouth in the cheek. Both of those areas, already, have developed sores. I think, when the docs put in the mouth piece for treatment, sometime after I’m asleep, they are beating my mouth up somehow. I will mention it to my doc tomorrow.

Kids and I have watched Star Wars I, II, and III in the last 4 nights. Doing “Star Wars” proper (Episode IV) tonight. Treatment #10 comes tomorrow at 1:30. No food before hand means a very hungry day by the time I get to eat (and then, after treatment, I won’t be hungry at all). Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home