Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Aftermath of #6

Pretty irritable Monday night, but I think mostly from being really exhausted and from pain meds wearing off (they seem to do that to me.) I noticed, later in the evening, for the first time this year, looking forward to Xmas. No environmental reasons for this change that I can think of.

I feel pretty good [Tuesday] morning. Woke up with a bit of a headache, but its gone now. I sat on the couch and read a magazine (and the last time I did that is ancient history.) I feel sort of “in the middle” today. Not down or pessimistic, not bubbly and happy. Maybe “content” is a good word. I could think of a list of things about which I should be malcontent, but I’m choosing to put my thoughts in other places. A choice I have not often been able to make for myself for quite some time.

I learned yesterday that the contract between my HMO and my hospital is scheduled to expire December 31, and no formal plan to extend it is in place. That would put me “out of network” for the continuation of my treatment. I have 4 more treatments authorized by insurance, to get me through year end. Since my hospital is the only game in town in relation to ECT (aka there is no “in network” facility form which to receive treatment), something will have to get worked out.

My doc, as I have mentioned, is on vacation this week. Dr. Hestand is filling in. Dr. Hestand called in “sick” today, which I’ve been told she “never” does. There is a third doc who may be pulling triple duty tomorrow if Hestand isn’t back. Oh, the drama.

Set for Wednesday at 11:00. Probably switching to bi-lateral, and expecting some increased side effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home