Friday, December 16, 2005

The battle rages on.

The ‘wrasslin’ continues. Yesterday was ok, much better than the crash and burn of last Thursday after my first treatment, but they seem to wear off after about 36 hours. Last night I found the demon back in my head, telling me how much of a burden I am on my family, and that I’m lazy and not working and worthless. Even if I can manage to tell myself its not true, the demon always seems to win. I am very nervous about today because of the “breathing” thing last time. I also suspect that my doc will want to switch to bilateral ECT with this treatment or maybe the next. The whole process is scary, and every little change just adds to the anxiety.

Scheduled for #5 at 11:00. I’m riding with a neighbor today. Melissa has a meeting at my son’s school that can’t be missed. She should be there before they take me to the OR.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"wrasslin"...now there's a good ole Arkansas word for ya! I hate to hear that the demon was back last nigth, but keep fighting. I know that you are fighter and that you always hate to lose, so dont ever give up. I hate to hear that you are scared. I know that words are of little comfort, but I am thinking of you.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here too, Mike. I think anyone would be scared. I don't believe you'll lose this battle for a second. Anyone who can run all those races at YOUR size has GOT to be a fighter. he he he ;-)

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home