Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Treatment 17, Mood 8

Treatment #17 today. Before treatment, I was still trying to figure out how I was feeling different. My Beck score was 12, and it could have been a little lower had I not been conservative in answering a couple of the questions. I think I have decided that the difference in the way I am feeling is really a difference in my energy level and overall outlook. Melissa commented that she can see that there are many times now that “the old me” is coming through. I have to agree. I am finding myself enjoying life in general much more than I have been for a long time.

Today, my peripheral seizure was 32 seconds, and my EEG was 50. I had Zofran (nausea) and Torodal (headache) before treatment. All of the anesthesia was the same as previous treatments. I seemed to go to sleep a little quicker today. It seemed like from the time I noticed the Etomidate starting to work until I lost track of things was a very short time. I woke in Recovery in a pretty clear state of mind, but with a nasty headache and serious ringing in my ears. I was in Recovery I for a relatively short time today before going to Recovery II. Recovery II consisted of 2 Percocet and an oral Zofran for nausea (which I really needed.) The post treatment headache and dizziness today were significant, but seemed to subside pretty quickly and be gone by the time I left to go home. I was out of Recovery II by 2:45 (from a 11:45 treatment) and home by 3:05.

I really notice the ears ringing today more than any previous treatment. That feature seems to be cumulative. I have gotten somewhat of a handle on how things feel different over the last couple of treatments: I can just feel myself being happier and more like the old me. My memory is horrible, and getting worse, but that’s a fair trade for the benefit I’m getting from the treatments. its hard to describe the difference from the last couple of treatments, but for now, I’ll just say that I can tell they are working, that my overall outlook is improving, and that the improvement seems to be accelerating.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pelli Pell said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well! I'm very excited for you and your family to begin enjoying the benefits of your courage and hard work!

Happy thoughts and Best wishes to you!
-PP

8:06 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Good to hear that you're doing so well!

Ran across your blog from someone else's site (can't remember) and it's been really interesting to read. Very thorough, too.

Thank you for being brave enough to write about this topic.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read about the progress that you are making. You are always in my thoughts. I know you, and you will decide what to do and you will come do it with a vengence when you decide.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home