Friday, May 19, 2006

He's Employed!!

Today, I got a job. I am the new Customer Service Representative for the local franchise office of Handyman Matters, a corporate handy man service. I happened to run into the owner (with whom I worked and became acquainted with while a lawyer at Convergent Communications back in 2000), as irony would have it, while dropping off my application for the job (for which I was DENIED) at REI. I start Monday, working the same number of hours I sought at REI, and for $3 more per hour than that job would have been. Fuck you very much, REI. The more time that goes by, the more I realize that I just need to let go of the life I planned for myself, and live the life that presents itself and enjoy it while its here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Mike. Hopefully that'll relieve some of the stress you've been feeling. Good luck with the new job!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Grandma said...

Congratulations! Does this mean you won't be getting any more ECTs, or can you do this job while undergoing ECT?

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home