Friday, May 05, 2006

Swallowing Difficulty - Risperdal?

An ananonymous commentor (Thanks, who ever you are) suggested that if the problem arose after starting Risperdal that it might be one of the less common (but more significant) side effects of the medication. I don't remember exactly when it began (again, its only happened twice, and neither time lately), but it very well could have been just after starting the med. Interesting.

Another change, I've noticed, is that I bump my head (mostly)and feet, legs and hips on things as I walk or move around. Its like my sense of proximity to my surroundings is just a little off in ways that it didn't use to be. And I notice that I bump my head on things I never used to or, if I used to, I do it much more or harder than I used to. And its things like my road bicycle which hangs from the ceiling in my garage. it hangs just below the height of the top of my head. I run into it almost daily and, everytime I bump into it, I smile to myself and say "why do I keep bumping into the same thing? remember its there!" But I don't remember. This one is NOT listed as a Risperdal side effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home