Thursday, April 13, 2006

Controlled, but busy say

My doc prescribed Risperdal, which is an atypical antipsychotic and used to treat anxiety, obsession and mania. She told me to take it up to 3 times a day to combat my tendency to overwork and push too hard on a particular project, which generally leads to a down day the next day. Risperdal scares me. My son was on it for a while and it made him eat like he was starving all the time (like the "munchies" from smoking pot.)

The first time I took Risperdal, it made me dizzy and queasy. That didn't last long, but long enough to remember. It does, however, make me a little more laid back about getting things done and keeps me from trying to cram more and more into my day. Today, the 2nd time I took it, I went straight to work painting inside my house and didn't notice any dizziness. I worked hard all day painting, but never got that "OMG, I have to get this done today, and I also have to get that done, and that and that." Just a nice easy pace, got done what I could (before I ran out of paint.) Of course, Melissa came in after I was nearly finished and decided she didn't like the color, but that's another tale.

Why is it that we live in a house for 10 years and only when we get ready to sell do we paint and fix things and replace light switches and outlet covers? This place is going to look great by the time it hits the market, and I won't get to live here to enjoy it!

I'm scheduled for treatment tomorrow at 10:30. 2 this week just to get things back in line. I guess I'll get them while insurance is still paying for them. I'm bound to get rejected sooner than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home