Friday, March 31, 2006

Back on track

Got up early today to work out. My near-daily 30 minute treadmill walk has become a run, followed by a quick weight workout. That is except for Thursday, which is racquetball, Sunday which is my day off, and treatment days.

I felt really good this morning. Read at Starbucks for about an hour, went to Home Depot to get more stuff for the baseboard project. An old colleague and friend of mine’s name and number are on a billboard for a retail development near my house. I haven’t talked to him in probably 4 years. I got his number. I find myself reaching out to more people I have lost touch with. I have to think that’s a good sign.

Spent all day working on baseboards in the family room. Lots of furniture, TV, stereo, and other stuff to work around. Wanted to get it moved, get the baseboards in and caulked and finished so I could move everything back before tonight. That need for order and organization just never goes away. Broke for lunch and took the kids out to eat. Melissa had dental surgery yesterday (tooth pulled, ick), and is pretty much laid-up. I’m trying to keep the kids out of her hair and let her rest. No question that she’s done more than her share of the same for me over the last 4 months.

Last couple of days have been good, not great. I played racquetball with only one of my usual two Thursday guys yesterday. We talked, between games, about putting together a small investment group and flipping some fixer-upper homes in our neighborhood. Housing market is on fire and there are several that would be easy to buy, put a few thousand dollars into and sell for a nice profit, all within 3-4 weeks. I think the fact that I’m looking at the future is another good sign. I wouldn’t have even entertained an idea like this 6 months ago. I don’t know where I would get the money to do anything right now, but at least I’m thinking about it.

Thursday was a little bit of an irritable day. Not major, just not great. I had planned to take Mic snowboarding today, and take Maggie along for a lesson (she’s never been on a board and Mic had lessons while in residential treatment last year.) Maggie didn’t want to do the lesson thing, and a whole day with just Mic right now, with each of us in our respective states, just didn’t seem like a good idea. I get more and more convinced that he is having some psychosis problems as time goes by. He is scared all the time, and absolutely will NOT be by himself.

Tuesday, I was glad to see the family when they got home. And honestly, I can’t remember what I did Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home