Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Neither rain, nor wind, nor snow, nor hail...

Wait, that's the US Post Office's credo. We were scheduled to get this huge snowstorm Sunday into Monday. I was worried that it would interfere with my treatment Monday morning. As usual, when the weather-people make a huge deal of a snow storm, it misses us or turns into nothing. This one, which was supposed to drop 12-14 inches on Denver dropped 1 inch, and blasted the eastern plains.

Nonetheless, my pdoc was the only one that made it in to the hospital Monday. I guess the other 2 live east of town. The OR was short on people. Usually, there are about 6 staff, counting the doc and the ADoc (sandman). Today, there were 3. All the same, when I woke up it was all over and I didn't realize I was in Recovery. I rarely do. Then I have a "Oh, is my treatment over?" moment.

I was at the hospital for a LONG time today. Much longer than usual. We got there at 9:00 and didn't leave until 1:15. My poor wife. I must have been asleep for a long time, because it didn't seem like any longer than usual.

I mentioned last treatment's wicked headache to my Pdoc and the Adoc too. I didn't wake up with any more headache than is typical (and which can be fixed with a little Fentenyl), but about 5:00, WOW did the Headache Man make an entrance. A few Percocet got it almost under control, but it was nasty.

Today, Tuesday, my memory is lousy. It seems worse than usual. I'm just sort of in a fog. My seizure wasn't all that long, 40 seconds. My Beck score yesterday was an all time low - 3!!! I'm surprised I hadn't gained weight. I seem to be hungry all the time. I think its simply that food taste better without the depression governing everything. Because I was still doing well, we decided to schedule the next treatment for 2.5 weeks, planning to go to 3 weeks for the one following if things are still on track.

I am really lucky to have such a great care-giver. My wife brought me home, put me to bed, and then went to Taco Bell for a half-dozen tacos. Starving and sleepy were the best descriptions for the afternoon (until "headache" joined the fun.)

Today, Tuesday, I had a meeting with a guy about a lawyer job. That went well. Good chance that I will be joining a little firm with my former General Counsel when I am ready to get back to work. Still working on some details.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pelli Pell said...

Good Good Good!

It all sounds good!

PP

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud of you Mike, as always.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home