Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Early Spring

Major backyard clean-up day. Its 70+ degrees in Denver (and its pretty early for that.) Picked up 7 bags of pine needles yesterday. Today, got three bags of sticks. Just sticks that my dog likes to chew on. He has toys and bones, but he likes the chew on wood. My backyard is such a disaster. I’ve neglected it for quite some time, and my lab-mutt dog (he’s about 4) runs the fence perimeter and barks constantly. 75% of the grass is dead, he’s run over sprinklers so often that heads are missing, and the dirt track around the perimeter is just lovely. I have a lot of work to do.

Melissa and I ran some minor errands and had lunch at Fatburger. If you’ve never had a Fatburger burger, you’re missing out. Got my motorcycle started and went for the first ride in about 6 months. It was fun, but it was different. For as long as I can remember, riding the bike was sort of my everyday way of tempting fate. It was rebellious and sort of a “if I get hit and killed, I’ll go out doing what I want to be doing so big deal! Come and get me.” Today, I was much more cautious and timid. I don’t “want” to die now. I’ve worked too hard and come too far.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you wear a helment?

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good deal, Mike... sounding better. Can you do my back yard when yours is done? They sound just alike!!!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home