Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A day in the sunshine

Today was a good day. I had been wanting to put a regular workout into my daily schedule. I woke this morning and, as I was watching the “Today” show, I decided today was a good day to start. Did one body part weights, and walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill. Installed a dining room lamp for a neighbor as a favor. Picked the dogs up at the groomer. Read at Starbucks for an hour. Sanded and added a coat of mud to the wall repair I did in Mic’s room, did 2 loads of laundry, and did some general cleaning. Spent the evening with the family watching the Olympics. My mood was solid all day, with no weak spots or areas of concern. Melissa and I both noticed today that I am noticing things around the house that I have been missing for quite some time. Things like the wear and tear my dog is putting on the backyard, that our baseboards need to be replaced, that things need updating, etc. Things that haven’t changed recently (have been as they are now for several years), but I’m just more coherent and aware.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds really good that you are noticing more of your surroundings.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home