Monday, February 13, 2006

Short update...

Thank you SO MUCH to those of you, and there were several, who took the time to comment and encourage me. I feel like I owe several people an update just to let you know where things stand as of Monday at 2:00. I was able to get in for treatment today. My hospital and team of professionals (and they are certainly professionals) are incredible. They worked me in this morning. I'm home now and can't be up for long, but I'm already feeling a little better after today's treatment. My p-doc said that she is sure that we just tapered too quickly, that that happens sometimes (varies patient to patient), and that we can fix it. My Beck today was back up to a 31 (was a 6 when I quit treatment 10 days ago.) I got a comment from someone that said his/her Beck has never been below a 43. That is a very strong person, and someone who should really give ECT a try. You have everything to gain. Its scary, its not much fun, but it DOES work.

More later, and thanks for everyone's encouragement and letting me know I have readers out there. I'm back on safe ground for now, and scheduled for treatment again next Monday, unless things get bad again before then. Gotta go nurse this headache!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to update us.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mike - very encouraging - still reading & catching up, but you were scaring me there for a while.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home