Thursday, February 23, 2006

This is becoming a habit...

Another good day! There was actually a time today when I was driving and thought to myself “I don’t just feel good, I feel great!” My energy was good, my concentration was sharp, my outlook on life was good and I was having fun.

I played racquetball with a couple neighborhood guys today. It was the second time we have played recently. I used to play 3 or 4 times a week and had a pretty solid game. I had to quit playing because, as my mood problems developed, I lost the ability to control my temper (with myself). Last time we played, my game sucked. Today, it started to come back. We had a good time and played for a couple hours. I’ll pay for it tomorrow.

Back to The Donut again today for a Gyros for lunch. I’m hooked. Did some work around the house, did some cleaning and some painting. I really am not looking forward to my treatment tomorrow, but I know I need to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to jinx it, but congrats, it sounds like you've really been making some great progress. I just wanted to mention that getting exercise on a regular basis is a great idea. Working toward a healthy body is important for working toward a health mind. Best of luck, and keep on blogging!

11:58 AM  
Blogger DeMental said...

In response to "Jon" and the comment about the healthy body = healthy mind: Jon, I couldn't agree more. I am only recently NOT in the habit of regular exercise. Since 2000, I have run 6 marathons (26.2 miles), finished 2 half ironman triathlons (1.25 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run), and, most recently, 2 distance swims of 14 and 20 miles respectively. My problem is more on the "exercise as escape from life" side of things.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home