Friday, August 11, 2006

Moved in, Moving on

Monday, the moving truck arrived. The chaos of the day was very trying. By Tuesday night, we had most boxes unpacked that needed to be unpacked, TVs hooked up, bedrooms set up, etc. By Wednesday, I had the garage boxes and other stuff separated into holiday decoration boxes on one wall, boxes that I needed to keep in the garage (but not necessarily unpack) on another wall, and bikes out of the way. Enough so that we can get one car and a motorcycle in the garage. Everything has been taken to the storage building we rented. Very hard work.

Monday, I got a job at a liquor store that a friend of the family owns. I've worked two shifts so far. Its a blast. I work with a bunch of kids half my age (some of them were talking about "when school starts" last night.) Its fast paced (a very busy place with a drive-through), and a lot of fun. Works for now! Kids start school a week from Monday. YEA!

We are having to find another home for Beau, our Lab/Catahoula mix. I'm sure I've mentioned him before. He is SUPER high energy, and very destructive when contained. We have no fence here, its illegal to chain a dog up, and Beau quickly figured out that he can chew through rope. Not to mention that he barks constantly while tied up. He either has to be in with us or in his crate when we are gone. He's pretty miserable. So, my mother-in-law knows someone with 2 dogs and a home on 13 acres of land. They just let the dogs roam, chase squirrels, and be dogs. Perfect for Beau. AND, we can visit him. He leaves today. I can envision us all standing in the drive way crying as he gets driven away. The right decisions are usually the hard ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home