Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

Memorial Day, 2006. Melissa and Mic left for Arkansas yesterday. Melissa has appointments to talk with several school principals next week about teaching for them starting in the fall. Melissa was also going to look at “neighborhoods” (not houses specifically) while she’s there. As it turns out, she’s looking at “houses”, and has found one the “is perfect.” I keep telling her to not get her hopes up on anything, yet. That whole cart before the horse (we need to sell a house before we go contracting to buy another house.) For the person with the most patience in the world when it comes to people, she has no patience when it comes to things like selling and buying houses.

Today, I ran the Bolder Boulder, which is one of (if not the) biggest 10k road races in the country. I think I heard that they had 50,000 runners today. It was a fun experience, and one that I needed to live one more time (I’ve run this race once before) before I move away, but I had a shitty run. My shins cramped for the first three miles, and were just relentlessly knotted up. I tried stretching them, rubbing them, pounding on them. Finally, during mile 4, they gave me a break. I’ve never had that problem before, and can only attribute it to (a) getting older and/or (b) not having run any on hard surfaces (all of my running has been on treadmill or dirt trail) since starting to run again. Given the adversity, however, I had a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home