Friday, January 27, 2006

Thursday, January 26

Not much notable about today. Melissa worked and the kids were at school this morning, so I was home alone. I spent a good deal of the morning working on job prospecting. It would help if I knew what I wanted to do! I have an interview with Loomis Fargo (Armored Transport), an application submitted to King Soopers (the major grocery store chain here), and with Starbucks, an appointment to attend an orientation with the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation early next month, and some information coming to me from The Children's Law Center about doing some work as a Guardian Ad Litem. I think that's enough irons on the fire for now (!)

Today, I read for quite some time, then called a couple neighbors to ask for a ride Starbucks (to read some more). Melissa picked me up there at about 1:30. We ran some errands, picked Maggie up from school, and spent the evening at home having dinner and watching TV. Pretty quiet day, by comparison. Tomorrow...treatment #20. I've noticed today that, in several places (both elbows and both wrists), my veins are hard and sore. I hope that's just general objection to the level of abuse they have endured for 6 weeks now.

What I notice must today, about my mood in general, is my level of concern for things (i.e. my level of concern over employment, money, health, etc.) Previously, prior to ECT, I would have been plagued by these topics, very worried about them, and in a terrible mood because of them. Now, I acknowledge that those topics require some attention, but they are what they are. They just aren't being allowed to rule my head like they would have 2 months ago. Everything just seems a little brighter, and that's without trying at all to really make anything feel brighter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Good to see that things seem "brighter." Finally, huh?

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home