Monday, November 06, 2006

Finding one's self

Tomas makes an interesting point in his comment to my last post. He comments that he didn't realize that there would be a new "self" to discover following ECT. I guess I thought that, once I had some control over depression, I would see the "old" me coming back. In reality, however, there is a third me that now exists. There was the pre-depression me, the depressed me, and the post-ECT me. All are very different. Maybe just aging and gaining life experience is part of that evolution, but ECT certainly has changed some things about me that I wasn't expecting to be changed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be harsh Mike but weren't there several of us that tried to let you know this would happen?

SallyT

5:54 PM  
Blogger Tomas said...

I expected to be the one I had been because that's what I was assured. The bastards lied to me, simply put.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home